Parent of a student (Tier 4 child) visa
Do you plan to send your child to the UK to study? If they are under 12 years old and attend an independent fee-paying school (not government funded) you can accompany them and have a residency to take care of them.
To be eligible for a Parent of a Tier 4 child visa you must:
- have enough money to support yourself and any dependants while in the UK and be able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey
- maintain a second home outside the UK
- plan to leave the UK at the end of your visit
- Your child must be under 12 years old and be studying at or about to start studying at an independent fee-paying day school in the UK and have a Tier 4 (Child) student visa
Documents you must provide
- a current passport or other valid travel identification and have a blank page in your passport on which to put the visa
- your tuberculosis (TB) test results (if you’re from a country where you have to take the test )
- provide documents that prove you have a permanent home outside the UK
- provide documents that prove you have money to support you and your children in the UK and have booked (or can afford) travel to leave the UK at the end of your stay
Extend your visa
You can apply to extend your stay for as long as you and your child continue to meet the eligibility requirements. The child is under 12 years of age, at a fee-paying school and you have sufficient finances etc as mentioned above. You can apply to extend your stay for 12 months at a time.